Question: Calcified Kidney Walls

Locke2409 - Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:10 pm

I Had a Stag Horn Stone 24mm x 18mm removed with Lazer and Litho today and the Dr said my kidneys had moderate Calcification on the walls that we need to address in a few weeks. I have had regular stones about every year for the past 10 to 12 years. Yes I drink lots of Water. Is calcified walls a big deal when youare 48 years old?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:55 am

I am finding it rather difficult to answer your question because you have not mentioned some important details....
Calcifications in the kidneys can be in the renal cortex or the renal medulla.There are a number of causes for each of them.Apart from these, there are focal calcifications, calcified cysts and so on...
It will be better for you to give us some more details so as to enable us to respond better.Thank you all the same.