Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Calcified Kidney Walls

 Locke2409 - Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:10 pm

I Had a Stag Horn Stone 24mm x 18mm removed with Lazer and Litho today and the Dr said my kidneys had moderate Calcification on the walls that we need to address in a few weeks. I have had regular stones about every year for the past 10 to 12 years. Yes I drink lots of Water. Is calcified walls a big deal when youare 48 years old?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:55 am

User avatar Hi,
I am finding it rather difficult to answer your question because you have not mentioned some important details....
Calcifications in the kidneys can be in the renal cortex or the renal medulla.There are a number of causes for each of them.Apart from these, there are focal calcifications, calcified cysts and so on...
It will be better for you to give us some more details so as to enable us to respond better.Thank you all the same.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us