Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Blood after i ejaculate

booffus - Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:33 pm

Well earlier in the morning i masterbated like normal and all was well. About 3 to 4 hours later i received oral sex, and after ejaculating i notice some drops of blood in my underwear. When i urinated shortly after that i didnt see anymore and haven't since today, but i am freaked from seeing this. It had been about 5 days since i had ejaculated before today, so i don't know if that plays a part. Also, i did ejaculate very quick from the oral which is not normal for me and it also felt forced. I am not in any pain or discomfort just worried that it may be something serious. please advise because i am going crazy thinking about it.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:31 am

It is quite likely that it could have been due to local trauma or due to a suction effect.
Should settle down in a few days time unless the process is repeated too soon.Cheers!
 mashpash - Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:18 am

I have just recently been struck with blood in my ejaculate after i have sex, and some blood in my urine. I do not have any std's, and my partner does not either. I also have slight irration of my penis after I have an orgasm, but nothing severe. We have been having sex very often. I was very concerned on what may be the cause of this.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:00 am

User avatar Hi mashpash,
Thank you for the post.
In approximately 50% of the cases of blood in the semen(hematospermia), the etiology is undetermined (idiopathic). Several disorders, for example, trauma, infections(bacterial, viral, parasitic), chroinc granulomatous disorders(tuberculosis), disorders of seminal vesicles, prostate, ejaculatory ducts as well as others can cause blood in the semen(hematospermia).

In younger men (<40 y), hematospermia is almost always benign. In older men also, it is mostly benign but can be rarely associated with malignancy(prostatic cancer).

Blood in the ejaculate that persists for more than 10 ejaculations generally warrants further evaluation.

If the symptom persists, you must consult a urologist for further work up.