Question: Swollen band below head of penis

Thomo - Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:13 pm

For the past few days I have had a swollen band/hard ridge below the head of my penis. (I am circumsized) The skin is swollen but feels like it is internal bruising, there are no cuts or wounds, and its not painful unless you put pressure onto it. It feels a bit like a band of grissle. Do you know what could be causing this? Thanks!
 dwhinca - Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:30 pm

I have the exact same problem. What eventually happened with your situation?
 lexiluger0001 - Sun May 24, 2009 11:24 am

I have the same problem right now...:( and also swelling right at the opening of the penis....and at the base of the shaft near the pubic hair region pains when pressure applied.....PLEASE HELP!!!!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:07 am

User avatar Hello,While most such changes may represent minor trauma and resultant inflamation. Rarer cases like mondors disease need mention.This is caused by vigorous sexual activity leading to thrombophlebitis of superficial vein of penis.This spontaneously resolves in a few weeks.Peyronies needs mention and causes thickened plaques in the penis too.An ultrasound may be required to diagnose the condition which leads to curvature of penis.