Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics


 hagar - Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:19 am

I've noticed today that my right testicle seems enlarged, larger than its usual size.

I first experienced a little discomfort a few days ago, but it was only a slight discomfort in my lower abdominal region, and nothing severe or excruciating. I examined it and everything seems fine, it doesn't hurt when try to touch it or move it around. However, a day later I noticed that some part of the testicle was larger than usual. It was some structure atop it. But when I checked it again today, it seems that the right testicle has grown larger, though I;m not sure if it can be called as swollen. There's no sign of fluid accumulating around the testicle, and it's the testicle itself that seems enlarged. Again, it isn't painful when I examine it.

Would you say that this is torsion?
 Parks P, RN - Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:52 pm

User avatar I would not even try to guess without you having an exam of your testis. Yes it could be torsion but also something more serious. Make an appointment with your doctor or a urologist asap. Scrotal masses need to be accurately palpated by an expert since most growths inside the testis seem to be malignant while scrotal masses outside of the testicles seem to run benign. I can't emphasize enough how important it is for you to have a testicular exam, non-invasive and no pain. Ultrasound may be used to visualize any mass that you have in the testicles. Please follow up on this and let us know how you are doing.

Good luck to you,


| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us