Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: ENLARGED TESTICLE, BUT NO SEVERE PAIN.

hagar - Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:19 am

I've noticed today that my right testicle seems enlarged, larger than its usual size.

I first experienced a little discomfort a few days ago, but it was only a slight discomfort in my lower abdominal region, and nothing severe or excruciating. I examined it and everything seems fine, it doesn't hurt when try to touch it or move it around. However, a day later I noticed that some part of the testicle was larger than usual. It was some structure atop it. But when I checked it again today, it seems that the right testicle has grown larger, though I;m not sure if it can be called as swollen. There's no sign of fluid accumulating around the testicle, and it's the testicle itself that seems enlarged. Again, it isn't painful when I examine it.

Would you say that this is torsion?
 Parks P, RN - Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:52 pm

User avatar I would not even try to guess without you having an exam of your testis. Yes it could be torsion but also something more serious. Make an appointment with your doctor or a urologist asap. Scrotal masses need to be accurately palpated by an expert since most growths inside the testis seem to be malignant while scrotal masses outside of the testicles seem to run benign. I can't emphasize enough how important it is for you to have a testicular exam, non-invasive and no pain. Ultrasound may be used to visualize any mass that you have in the testicles. Please follow up on this and let us know how you are doing.

Good luck to you,

Paul