Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: vaginal itching, red spots

kate2468 - Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:17 am

Hi, Just woken up to an unpleasant burning, itching sensation. Checked myself out & found red spots (blood spots they look like?) around my vagina & labia are inflamed. Have not been sexually active for many months, feeling run down generally, is this a yeast infection? Have checked up on info but the red spots seem a little odd & don't fit in. Please help!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:04 am

User avatar Hi kate2468,
I apologize for the delayed reply. It very well could be a yeast infection but my question is do you also have burning, urgency or frequency with urination because if this is present that would indicate a urinary tract infection.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 scorpiodream - Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:27 pm

Hi, I don’t know what to say. For a little while now I’ve had one spot on my vaginal area that I assumed would disappear on its own, but recently I decided to pop it in hopes it would disappear but I found that 3 more appeared. I don’t know whether there blood spots as I am black and I don’t know whether to call them red because the color does not show up on my skin. All I can say is there is one large one and three smaller ones (that appeared recently). I’m a virgin so there not sexually transmitted.. pleeeeease help
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:17 am

User avatar Hi scorpiodream,
Since you are not sexually active you can definitely rule out any type of STD. If the "spot" is tender and located on either side of the vaginal opening it may be a symptom of a Bartholin's abcess. Essentially the gland becomes blocked and infected. When the area opens and drains if it doesn't completely do so repeated inflammation occurs. You should have an evaluation by your physician to identify the causative factor.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 freakofnature - Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:44 pm

Hi, I wonder if you can help me a have had vaginal itching for the past few days and sometimes get it after sexual intercourse I've have also been getting thick white discharge but yesterday I also noticed some spots there aswell.
What could this be?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:07 am

User avatar Hi freakofnature,
White vaginal discharge accompanied by itching may indicate vaginitis for example, due to a yeast infection. White discharge in itself would not be concerning unless accompanied by odor or itching which indicates an abnormality. Contact your physician for an evaluation so that appropriate interventions can be initiated.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us