Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Burning and tingling in Penis

smndm - Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:23 pm

I am a 23 year old male and for the past 3 weeks I have had a strange tingling/burning in the tip of my penis, the feeling is strange it doesnt hurt its just annoying. Now I have started to notice a burning feeling in my rectum, again not painful just annoying. The feeling in my penis also causes me to have strange erections at strange times. It doesnt hurt when I pee or have sex. The sensation is very uncomfortable and is always there.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:09 am

User avatar Hello,The most important in your case is to rule out nongonococcal urethritis.Since I do not have your sexual history, this is in general about NGU which can cause a urethritis as well as a prostatitis in causing a rectal pain.There may be a mild discharge not as much as in gonococcal urethritis.Chlamydia trachomatis is the commonest organism.The complications incude epididymitis,arthritis and prostatitis.In women pelvic inflammatory disease is a complication leading to tubal block and infertility.Best treated with azithromycin or doxycycline.Do get our self examined and treated.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us