Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Burning and tingling in Penis

smndm - Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:23 pm

I am a 23 year old male and for the past 3 weeks I have had a strange tingling/burning in the tip of my penis, the feeling is strange it doesnt hurt its just annoying. Now I have started to notice a burning feeling in my rectum, again not painful just annoying. The feeling in my penis also causes me to have strange erections at strange times. It doesnt hurt when I pee or have sex. The sensation is very uncomfortable and is always there.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:09 am

User avatar Hello,The most important in your case is to rule out nongonococcal urethritis.Since I do not have your sexual history, this is in general about NGU which can cause a urethritis as well as a prostatitis in causing a rectal pain.There may be a mild discharge not as much as in gonococcal urethritis.Chlamydia trachomatis is the commonest organism.The complications incude epididymitis,arthritis and prostatitis.In women pelvic inflammatory disease is a complication leading to tubal block and infertility.Best treated with azithromycin or doxycycline.Do get our self examined and treated.Best wishes.