Question: Constant slight arousal & abnormal lump?

prem3dical - Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:11 pm

Hi, I really thank you for this website. I have two serious, important questions to ask. Firslty, I am about 20 years old and have had this problem for at least a couple of years: my penis causes a bulge in any short/pants I wear. What does this entail and what can I do about it? My second question is that I also have a visible vein that is close to the surface and actually causes a lump on my penis, especially at the site of the sinus (end of the vein). Is this normal? What is meant when talking about lumps in this region? Thank you very much for your help and understanding.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:16 pm

User avatar Hi there -

The only cure for the bulge would seem to be to adopt a looser fitting style of pants. Some men are cursed (or blessed, depending on one's point of view) by this "problem." Seriously, looser-fitting pants is probably the only thing that's going to solve this, unless you wear boxer shorts, in which case adopting Jockey-style underwear might enable you to manage this.

As for the vein: this is a variation of normal. It is seen a fair amount of the time. If the lump were to change -- become larger -- over time, it might warrant a docotor visit, but in general this conformation is mostly a matter of scale: if the vein itself is prominent, then the termination at the sinus is likely to produce a noticeable lump. Again, so long as this doesn't change markedly, it is usually normal.

I hope this answers your concerns. Best of luck to you.