Question: Prostitis or Reiter's Disease

rockford327 - Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:24 am

I am a 27 year old male. I have been with the same girl for 11 years. I recently started working out because my wedding is coming up. About 3 months after joining the gym. I got sick. My doctor diagnosed me with Lymphogranuloma venerum. The strange thing was all my tests came back negative. I even had a herpes and hiv/aids test done as well. I was put on doxy for 3 weeks and after that I was fine. About a week after i finished the doxy I noticed a clear precum type fluid leaking after urination. I figured it was just from the medicine and left it alone. It went away a few days later. So now 5 months later the clear precum is back, I have been back to the doctor 3 different times and had every test redone and they are all coming back negative. I was told I had a UTI 3 weeks ago and was put on cipro, which made me feel better, but its all coming back. My penis hurts, my pubic area hurts, my right thigh hurts. I have no problem urinating to passing stool. It feels like there is something stuck in the tip of my urethra but there is nothing there? Any thoughts?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:02 pm

It seems you've settled on the same next-most-likely cause of your symptoms that I would have gone to given the same situation. Reiter's disease would be a possibility too, but that would almost certainly also involve joint pain and eye inflammation as well as the genitourinary symptoms. The leaking of seminal fluid would also seem to suggest prostate involvement, so you need to be worked up for that. Prostatitis can also cause urethral discomfort and a sensation of "something" being "in there." I don't know why, but it does. It also often presents with flu-like symptoms, but not always. It is a distinct possibility and should be ruled out -- or in. Radiation of pain to the pubic area and right thigh is also suggestive of a prostatic problem.

Please keep us updated as to what you find out. Best of luck to you.