Question: Testicular Pain 4+ Months, STD negative. Stressed!

EASYasABC123 - Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:22 pm

Hello, here is a quick list of my history & symptoms

History
---------

- mid 20's sexually active

- always use protection. There have been cases where the condom has broken however.

- my last partner was fully tested for STD's towards the end of the relationship and everything came back negative.

Symptoms
-------------
- I began feeling discomfort during urination & my right testicle started to hurt around 4 months ago. The discomfort during urination can be described as a tightening of the urethra or something to that extent. I notice it momentarily as spikes (maybe lasting a second or so) during a full urination cycle. It occurs at most once a day and sometimes won't occur for entire weeks.

- The testicular pain is about the same frequency occurring always in the right testicle. Some weeks I won't really have it at all, and other weeks it is persistent and quite painful. It has begun to travel to the inner groin and leg area as well. It seems worse after a night of drinking. It can be described as a dull constant pain. Occasionally my right testicle will be tender to touch.

- It could be my imagination, but my scrotum has been quite 'clammy' and 'cold' as of late and has been producing plenty of perspiration even when doing non-active activities like sitting at a desk all day (my boxers will be a little damp from the sweat).

- Again, my imagination could be getting the best of me, but I appear to have white spots all over the shaft of my penis. They are under the skin and do not even raise up. No pain or discomfort. They have not changed in size over the past few months and do not look as if they can even be popped or poked. I truly forget if I had these previous to all my other symptoms. After some googling it appears they somewhat resemble Fordyce spots?

- Lastly, over the past 4 months I have had two zits-like occurances near my scrotum area. They are basically exactly like a zit and not very painful. I was able to 'flick' them off with little effort. They did occur within a week of shaving my pubic area. I have since stopped shaving and have yet to have them re-occur.

- I have been to the doctor countless times and have had the following tests :

1) urine tests for bloods/bacteria 4 times - all negative.
2) STD tests - 2 rounds - blood, urine and urethral swab - all tests came back negative.
3) low back / abdominal xrays - negative for any signs
4) physical examination of the genital area by three different doctors - nothing out of the ordinary.

I have been treated with two types of antibiotics for epididymis (one for ghonorrea-related epididymis and another one for non-std related epididymis) even though my test results came back negative. Both medications did very little in terms of relief.

I plan on going back AGAIN this week and getting a urologist referral. All signs point to prostatitis ? At this point it seems like my best guess. If I could have one wish it would be to figure out what the heck is going on with me! It is affecting every possible aspect of my life and causing alot of stress. Please lend me a hand and give your advice on what it could possibly be and what my next steps should be.

Regards
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:54 pm

User avatar Hi there -

Considering all the negative findings ruling out everything else, I think you've come up with the most likely remaining possibility, which would be prostatitis with the pain apparently referred. There is usually pain and difficulty urinating, as well as a generalized sick feeling, fever, and sometimes the whole range of flu-like symptoms. While yours doesn't sound like a typical presentation it should be ruled out too, or in. At this point you probably would like to find something to which to attribute the symptoms.

If the prostatitis idea fails to pan out you may need to be examined for a possible inquinal hernia that's also presenting atypically. This seems unlikely, but would probably be the next most likely place to look.

I hope this is helpful. You seem to be pretty well on top of this, but just aren't getting any answers. Hopefully you will soon.

Best of luck to you. Please stay in touch with us here.