Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Glans is sore to the touch

 doogledog - Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:42 am


I am a 33 year old guy. About 7 weeks ago, my penis glans became sore to the touch on the right hand side (mainly at the bottom of the glans, on the ridge). If I press it, it feels like it is sore just under the skin. If I take a shower the warm water seems to numb the pain. There are no visible signs of damage or swelling and no discolouration, but over the weeks it does not seem to have got any better. I haven't seen the GP yet. Am not sure if it is anything to worry about, as it is only a problem when I press it.

I am sexually active about once a week and masturbate occasionally. I think it became sore the day after sex, but it was not particularly vigorous.

Any one got any ideas what may be causing it?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:16 am

User avatar Hi,
It is most likely to be due to unnoticed local trauma(pressure)-perhaps during sexual activity or otherwise.
It must get better soon.All you may need at present may be paracetamol. In case it persists, then do not hesitate to consult your doctor.Thank you for your post.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us