Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Urinatining while sleeping without knowledge !

gonig - Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:21 am

Hello ,
I am a 18 years male and I have a problem that makes me feel very bad.My problem is that i urinate while I am sleeping at night without my knowledge ! I know this problem is not normal to be present in this age and that's why I am asking help from this GREAT forum.I asked for help from the best doctors in my country but nobody was able to help me.Hope you understood my problem and have a solution for it.
Thanks in advance
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:37 pm

User avatar Hello -

This problem, when it appears in adulthood, is often neurological in origin. It can be as simple as a cervical (or lower) nerve being compressed, possibly due to odd sleeping posture, or it can be due to a more complex neurological issue. If you've seen a urologist and haven't been diagnosed nor referred to a neurologist you might ask for a neuro consult.

I hope this is helpful. Please follow up with us as needed.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us