Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Urine smells like chemical

Tplummer - Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:55 pm

Hi, I recently noticed when I urinate it smells very strong of chemical. Its not ammonia, rotten eggs or asperigas. Its very odd. I have had this smell in the past but it subsided with in a day or two. This time it is constant. i do have lower back pain in the left side but I am going to a chiropractor and thought it was because of the stretching exercises. Can someone give me some advice?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:39 am

User avatar Hello,The best course of action would be to get a urine analysis to rule out sugar,acetone and pus cells.Possibly after a heavy work out the acidic urine may smell chemical.Take plenty of fluids.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us