Medical Specialty >> Urology

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Urine smells like chemical

Tplummer - Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:55 pm

Hi, I recently noticed when I urinate it smells very strong of chemical. Its not ammonia, rotten eggs or asperigas. Its very odd. I have had this smell in the past but it subsided with in a day or two. This time it is constant. i do have lower back pain in the left side but I am going to a chiropractor and thought it was because of the stretching exercises. Can someone give me some advice?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:39 am

User avatar Hello,The best course of action would be to get a urine analysis to rule out sugar,acetone and pus cells.Possibly after a heavy work out the acidic urine may smell chemical.Take plenty of fluids.