Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Yellow Bumps on Penis and Scrotum

USArmyMP8807 - Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:08 am

I am a healthy 20 year old male that is a smoker. I do not have a medical history with any problems. I have had these yellow bumps that appeared sometime ago. They cause me no pain, or itching whatsoever. I have no idea of what it is exactly. At first I thought they could be pimples because I shave completey down there. I squeezed them and most of them didn't pop. However, there were a few of them that when I continuesly squeezed them they popped. It wasn't like a pimple in the way that when a pimple pops it is quick and after all of the puss comes out then blood will come out. The yellow stuff that came out of them came out like a string of yellow stuff. It wasn't wet, slimy, gooey, or any of that. On some of them if I scratched them with my finger nail it will just bleed with no puss at all. I am not sure what it is exactly and I just want it off of me. I read some of the other forum pages and wasn't able to get a clear answer of exactly what it could be. I have one bump on the underside of the shaft of my penis and the rest are on the sides of my scrotum where they constantly are touching my thighs. I take a bath once or twice daily and keep clean. I pay special attention to my genital region and scrub vigourously. I need some help and multiple opions of the finest doctors in the medical field.

Thanks again for your time,
USArmyMP8807
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:07 pm

User avatar These are known as molluscum contagiosum,caused by virus and can be acquired nonsexually also.Treatment is to get it removed by a doctor.Nothing to worry.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us