Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Yellow Bumps on Penis and Scrotum

 USArmyMP8807 - Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:08 am

I am a healthy 20 year old male that is a smoker. I do not have a medical history with any problems. I have had these yellow bumps that appeared sometime ago. They cause me no pain, or itching whatsoever. I have no idea of what it is exactly. At first I thought they could be pimples because I shave completey down there. I squeezed them and most of them didn't pop. However, there were a few of them that when I continuesly squeezed them they popped. It wasn't like a pimple in the way that when a pimple pops it is quick and after all of the puss comes out then blood will come out. The yellow stuff that came out of them came out like a string of yellow stuff. It wasn't wet, slimy, gooey, or any of that. On some of them if I scratched them with my finger nail it will just bleed with no puss at all. I am not sure what it is exactly and I just want it off of me. I read some of the other forum pages and wasn't able to get a clear answer of exactly what it could be. I have one bump on the underside of the shaft of my penis and the rest are on the sides of my scrotum where they constantly are touching my thighs. I take a bath once or twice daily and keep clean. I pay special attention to my genital region and scrub vigourously. I need some help and multiple opions of the finest doctors in the medical field.

Thanks again for your time,
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:07 pm

User avatar These are known as molluscum contagiosum,caused by virus and can be acquired nonsexually also.Treatment is to get it removed by a doctor.Nothing to worry.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us