Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Kidney stones

spoiledfree - Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:29 pm

Hi I have been diagnosed with kidney stones in both kidneys1 side has a very large stone and the other a smaller stone that cannot pass. I have been told I will need lihotripsy. My question is I found a website that says its natural product cures kidney stones its called Lithonal u can type that in and see ingredents. I want to know if this is something I can take and would it be worth my while. I am on antibiotics for ten days and take loratab for pain. I will be having the lithotripsy on jan 19 instead of dec 22 couldnt do it on that date. Thanks
 Dr. Russell M - Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:26 am

User avatar Hi!

I am sorry I cannot be of more help here, since I do not know anything regarding the product or its ingredients. You may have to discuss with someone specialized in alternative medicines.

bill
 icklehayz - Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi there spoiledfree.
i am hayz and also have stones in both my kidneys and horseshoe shaped kidneys, i have had 2 lots of open surgery to remove a large stone and the second time to remove 30 small/medium stones and only a year apart from each other.
july hasnt been my lucky month 3 years in a row now as i had a PCNL done this year to remove more stones but they couldnt get them all out so im having Lithotripsy im on my 4th out of 5 treatments and the pain i get after and the bleeding out blood clots after every session im so glad i only have 1 more left, it hasnt really worked tho.
it cleared the partial blockage in my tube but hasnt broken the bigger stone up yet, i guess that means more surgery. And they havent even started on my left half of my kidney yet!
the pain is so much and its made my bladder weak so i find it very hard to find work at the moment its really affecting my life, i have tried over 20 different herbal remedies of all cultures and they didnt work for me so my advice is save your money and find a private doctor who will take time to care and listen to you its what im trying to do as the NHS (as great as they are and the herbal stuff don't seem to be doing much good). Guys hospital London an amazing hospital real caring doctors. Good luck and hope you do better than i have.

kind regards

Hayz
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:03 am

User avatar Hi spoiledfree,
There is only one type of urinary stone that is known to dissolve by just altering the urinary pH....ie, the uric acid stones.these form in a acid urine and are known to dissolve by just making the urine alkaline!.

There are claims that certain medications, herbal products etc dissolve urinary stones.To date, there is appears to be no undisputable evidence available to support these claims.

So, at this stage, the best recourse for you may be to follow the advice of your urologist, undergo the ESWL to its completion, follow the dietary precautions(if any) and then drink enough water to produce about 2000 mls of urine a day.This will go a long way in preventing recurrences.