Question: 50 mg of Viagra doesn't work

xtcombo - Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:18 pm

I was given 50mg samples of Viagra by my primary care doctor. I have tried two different times without maintaining an erection. I have read that a person can take up to 100mg. Would it be permissible for me to take two tablets.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:39 pm

While 100 mg is an acceptable dose in the general population and probably would be fine for you (I suspect fluoxetine and possibly Nortriptyline may be working against it), I'm compelled to tell you to let your doctor know about the problem and have him give you the green light to take two, which I feel relatively certain he'd have no problem doing. We're just not in a postion, here, to give permission to change the dose of a prescription drug for an individual, even though it might be perfectly fine in theory.

Do that, ask your doctor, make that phone call, and I'm sure you'll get the OK. It's certainly within the usual dosing range and given the other things you're taking, it would probably be just what you need to get the desired result.

Good luck to you and please keep us updated.