Medical Specialty >> Urology

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Clear material like a clear jelly coming after urinating

Tom Quinn - Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:25 am

I am thirty years old and its the first time ive had any problems with this area. I am passing a clear jelly like substance ,like clear hair gel straight after urinating and sometimes during urination. I seem to be going to the toilet average about five times daily it has increased from about three.I have been to a doctor and urologist they say my urine seems fine no blood etc..I also have been checked for testicle cancer and prostate cancer which seems to be ok. My urine is dripping abit at the finish of urination but there is no pain etc..I am going for a check up on my bladder etc...I am seriously worried it is cancer of something??
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:47 pm

FIrst, this doesn't sound like anything that would be produced by a malignant process, but possibly by an infection. Since that seems to have been ruled out, You may want to have a urological consult to rule out any sort of anatomical, non-pathological abnormality of the prostate, since the substance you descrine sounds most like clear semen which may be escaping via some abnormal route. Not serious in itself, it could become a problem somewhere down the road. If this exam were to show up nothing, I can't think of anything else that could be causing this really peculiar symptom, but it certainly does seem benign.

Please follow up with us here as needed, or at least give us an update on the problem. Best of luck to you.