Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Gelly like discharge after uninating

candy8t1 - Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:21 am

After urinating i sometimes find a clear gelly-like substance on the toilet paper.is this normal?
Thanks for your time!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:54 pm

User avatar Hello --

This sounds as though it may be normal, as there can sometimes be a small buildup of mucus in the vagina which may be released by relaxing in order to void. However, it also could be due to some sort of mild infection, and I am not very knowlegeable regarding gynecological issues. For that reason I'm going to refer this question to our gynecological team here and see if anyone comes up with something more helpful. Please check back in a day or two to see if anyone responds. Good luck to you with this.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:52 pm

User avatar Hello,
I agree with John; chances are it is coming from the vagina and discharge varies with the cycle. Mucus is common even from the bowel at times so unless you are having other symptoms that might suggest a urinary infection, you can probably assume it is normal. If you have fever, pain after urination, a feeling of urgency, etc. you should see your health care provider.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us