Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Gelly like discharge after uninating

candy8t1 - Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:21 am

After urinating i sometimes find a clear gelly-like substance on the toilet paper.is this normal?
Thanks for your time!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:54 pm

This sounds as though it may be normal, as there can sometimes be a small buildup of mucus in the vagina which may be released by relaxing in order to void. However, it also could be due to some sort of mild infection, and I am not very knowlegeable regarding gynecological issues. For that reason I'm going to refer this question to our gynecological team here and see if anyone comes up with something more helpful. Please check back in a day or two to see if anyone responds. Good luck to you with this.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:52 pm

I agree with John; chances are it is coming from the vagina and discharge varies with the cycle. Mucus is common even from the bowel at times so unless you are having other symptoms that might suggest a urinary infection, you can probably assume it is normal. If you have fever, pain after urination, a feeling of urgency, etc. you should see your health care provider.