Question: Embarased

willybeamin - Fri May 09, 2003 5:05 pm

Recent I celebrated my 21st birthday. I went out to a bar with my friends and family and got very intoxicated. After sleeping, I awoke the next morning to learn that I had wet the bed. I laughed and figured it was because i had drank way too much the night before. However, in the past few months it seems that every time I drink alcohol I wet the bed. The problem has caused me to become ashamed and scared to have a drink with friends. Please help me.
 Anonymous - Sun May 11, 2003 2:34 am

willybeamin wrote:Recent I celebrated my 21st birthday. I went out to a bar with my friends and family and got very intoxicated. After sleeping, I awoke the next morning to learn that I had wet the bed. I laughed and figured it was because i had drank way too much the night before. However, in the past few months it seems that every time I drink alcohol I wet the bed. The problem has caused me to become ashamed and scared to have a drink with friends. Please help me.

better so you stop drinking
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:17 pm

Obviously, you become so unaware of urinary bladder fullness.Urinary bladder fullness is an extremely uncomfortable feeling which will inevitably force anyone even in the deepest slumber to wake up!
The fact that you wet your bed can be due to the following reasons...
- You were so intoxicated as not to feel the fullness, or
- the fullness woke you up but your mind(in that state) decided that it is too difficult to get up & go to the toilet and chose the easier option!
The management options are obvious.