Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: pee 1-2 times a day with dark, cloudy urine, but drink alot

slimkiwi - Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:36 pm

I only pee 1-2 times a day and the urine is usually dark and cloudy, but I drink at least 2 1/2 bottles of water a day. Is something wrong?
 JenniferLN - Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:08 am

That doesn't seem right. Have you seen a doctor about it? All the excess water is going SOMEWHERE you know? You might have some kind of blockage somewhere in your system...I would schedule an appointment ASAP and keep track of any other symptoms you may have before the appointment such as any pain/discomfort, appetite changes etc.
 slimkiwi - Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:00 pm

Thanks, will do.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:03 pm

The amount of urine voided in a day depends upon a lot of factors (such as the ambient temperature, nature of a person's work, intrinsic sweating ability, amount of liquids drunk etc etc).
It is not enough at times to drink 2 1/2 bottles of water a day but what is more important is that an adult person drinks enough liquids in a day so as to put out about 2000 mls of urine in a day! This is the advise we ususlly offer to prevent urinary stone formation.
I feel that if you follow this, you will get better.Please get your urine cultured and treated for UTI (if any) under the care of your doctor.Cheers!