Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: UTI, left numb, dull pain in left thigh, testicular concerns

cheesepimiento - Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:55 am

hi! i am new to this forum and very much glad that i discovered this kind of community, hope someone could help me.

i am 23 years old asian male, 5'10 and weighs 230lbs...i just recently had a urinalysis because i was having fever like symptoms and has a history of urolithiasis. My result concluded that i have some pus and some traces of blood on my urine thus having UTI, i am on Ofloxacin 400mg for 3 days because of this. My questions are:

1. Since this happend, i am feeling a weird numbness, dull pain in my left thigh radiating on my left leg? is there any connection to the uti i have now? or something else?

2. Also, i am experiencing a weird sensation on my left testicle. It feels like a dull pain that i cant seem to pinpoint perfectly but i know that it is in the area on my left testicle, its as if it feels like dull and heavy yet pulling inward? kinda wierd actaully.

3. Lastly, i havent had any appointments on any urologist or medical practioner with regards to this in my life time except for for the 4 consecutive years on medical examinations done compulsary in school that didnt say anything life threatening or resulting to abnormalities...I just want to ask if my genital organs are normal? for a 23 year old that is...well...It seems that i have small sexual organs...my penis is like about 4 1/2 inches long only and that is erected already!, my testicles is not that big and often seen pulled or closer to my body (the left testicle is more closer to the body than the right one). Am i normal..i am a very shy boy eversince that is why i havent had the courge to go to the doctor and mainly because i don't want my parents to spend money for my sickness, if i am sick that is (we are not that economically convinient also thats why). I sometimes think of the fact that i am only like this because i weight too much or i am a late bloomer but ofcourse u cant blame me for worrying knowing that i am 23 already...because of this also, my self esteem is fully affected and still is a virgin. I am so scared of having testicular cancer...:'(

kindly enlighten me anyone...i am beginning to feel depressed about these things
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:29 pm

User avatar Hi there --

First, in general I'd say your genitals are normal, at least externally. The 4-1/2 inch penis is the low end of normal for an adult male, and as far as sexual performance is concerned, diameter is far more important than length anyway. That size is really not unusual.

Now then, as for the UTI and the sensations in your leg. While it may be unrelated to the UTI, it sounds as though you may have either an inflammation of the left epididymis, a torsion of the left testicle, or even a lower back problem that's radiating to the groin, testicle and ultimately your leg. There is a nerve pathway that connects these areas, so it could be either orthopedic, gonadal or just due to the influence of the UTI. Hopefully by now it's resolved, but if not, please follow up with us here. If it's still going on you'll probably need a consult with a urologist to figure out whether this is related to a UTI, an inflammation of the connections to the left testicle, or simply a low-back problem radiating down into there.

I hope this is helfpful Good luck to you.
 cheesepimiento - Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:41 am

hi!

thank you for replying on my post....as for the uti i had....after being on medication...i had gone on another urinalysis and it still says i have an infection...a friend of mine (a doctor) told me that the amount of bacteria seen on the urinalysis can be already eliminated with increased fluids so he advices me to do so and that i am trying to do these days, he also told me to take Rowatinex as a maintenance/supplement to decrease chances of stone formation.

As for the numbness i was experiencing on my left thigh, its gone already..i don't feel the numbess already as well as the heaviness i felt on my left testicle...thank God!

As for for my sexual organ, am glad u told me it was normal...but what can be the possible reason that i have such organ? i mean, y is it small than the average? is it because of me being overwieght or something? Also, can u enlighten me on the what is the average erected length of an asain male penis?

...Well..having said these things...am still glad u told me that 4-4 1/2 inches of erected penis length is still alright and doesnt resemble life threatening symptoms...thank u for the information!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:00 pm

User avatar It sounds like things turned out to be simpler than they might have been, which is good, and that you're doing much better, which is very good. Great news so far.

As for the average size of an Asian penis, no, I don't know what it might be vs. just a universal statistic. I'm not sure there's much ethnic variation, although a lot of people seem to believe that can be a factor. I only know the generic textbook number I've encountered again and again has been five inches plus or minus a quarter inch. That would put you pretty near average, and average is just that -- an average.

You're very welcome and I'm glad things are going so well. Please keep us updated.