Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: blood after going to bathroom

tulip18 - Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:16 pm

i've had alot of bowel troubles lately and have seen my doctor i was having blood intermixed with my stool but it stopped and now today i went and wiped myself and there was blood on the toilet paper and my stools are quite hard....
 GABRIELLA04 - Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:58 am

IF IT HURTS WHEN YOU GO TO THE BATHROOM BECAUSE YOUR STOOLS ARE HARD AND THERE IS BLOOD, YOU MIGHT HAVE HEMMOROIDS. MY SISTER HAD THAT AN SHE WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND HE GAVE HER A CREAM TO HELP IT OUT. YOU CAN GET YOUR STOOLS TO BE SOFTER BY EATTING MORE FIBER IN YOUR DIET. THERE IS A CEREAL CALLED FIBER ONE THAT THE DOCTOR SUGGESTED TO MY SISTER. IT'S PRETTY GOOD AND YOU CAN ADD SUGAR OR HONEY TO IT.

HOPE THAT HELPS SOME,
GABRIELLA04
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:30 pm

User avatar Hi tulip18,
You say that you noted stool mixed with blood. In hemorrhoids, usually there will be painless bright red bleeding at the end of defecation.
In cases of anal fissures however, sometimes the stool will be streaked with blood.

Although your description matches neither, still it could be hemorrhoids. The other possibility is bleeding from higher up in the rectum/colon.

It will be best if you consult your GP who could exclude causes such as hemorrhoids or fissure and refer you for further testing if needed.
Cheers!