Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Dull pain in upper testicular tract (Epididymitis)?

 Zetachan - Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:50 pm

I'm 35 year old. For the last year or so I have been spending most of my time sitting in front of a computer. Sometimes, I felt my underwear (briefs) put pressure between my leg and toolkit, basically on the swimsuit line, as they "rode up". I adjusted occasionally, other times I just put up with the slight discomfort (often on the left hand side, maybe just my imagination).

3 months ago I started dating a woman. We have been having vigorous sex. 6-7 times within a 24 hour period on weekends two times a month. The dull ache that I feel, is as if the sex is vigorous enough to have me believe that my scrotum is hitting her hard enough to cause a slight pain from banging against her during coitus. This now apparently isn't the case. I haven't met her for over a week yet I feel this dull sensation. It seems to feel like something is swollen at the top set of "tubes" that connect to my left testicle in the area just above my scrotal area, where the hair is thickest and where a (tube/vessel/connecting tissue) seems to run just underneath the skin. Or as if there were some kind of swelling occurring in the upper part where those connecting tissues connect to the left testicle.

I have preformed self examinations. No signs of lumps, no painful discharge when urinating, standing does seem to relieve the pain slightly. It is as if sitting pulls the slack out of the connecting tissue and makes it tauter (tighter?). I haven't been doing any strenuous activity other than our sexual routine, which often leaves me a bit exhausted.

I will make a trip and see if I can make an appointment to see a Urologist tomorrow.

What do I need to tell the doctor and what kinds of things should I expect from the doctor?
 Zetachan - Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:35 am

I saw the doctor.
I gave him a urine sample.
He asked if I had any pain. I said no.
He inspected my toolkit.
I explained to him where the pain was.
I then showed me a figure of male toolkits
and explained where and how the pain was being caused.

He said there were no white blood cells in my urine, a sign of infection fighting blood cells I think.

He gave me 5 days worth of medicine. The problem cleared up after that. Simple.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:19 pm

User avatar Hi Zetachan,
If you continue to have the pain, your urologist in all probability would examine you very carefully to exclude a groin hernia (inguinal hernia or femoral hernia) which at times is difficult to see or feel.In case there is a suspicion of a hernia,he may refer you to a surgical specialist.Good luck!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us