Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Water Infection Blisters

Liverpool1 - Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:02 am

For five days now I have been having abnormalitys within and around the vagina. On monday I was rather itchy round the vaginal area, this then on the tuesday begin to get sore and when I had sex I would feel to tight and it would be too painfull. Yesterday I began to feel deep pain when I urinated and rather sickly. The area around the vagina entrance was extremely painful if anything touched it even water in the shower. TGhis morning I visited a lkocal nurse, who took a urine sample and diagnosed me with a water infection. I was given TRIMETHOPRIM TABLETS 200mg antibiotics. I have been told to take two daily for three days. I took my first one after visiting the doctor already feeling slightly nauseated. About 45 minutes after taking bthe tablet I vomited but I don't know whether this could of been caused by the fact I had not eaten all morning. I have now noticed small blister like spots around the vagina entrance and slightly in the entrance. What is this caused by? I am in a lot of pain when urinating.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:00 pm

User avatar Best to rule out a herpes simplex type2, if there is a recurrence.I guess you are ok by now.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us