Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Water Infection Blisters

Liverpool1 - Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:02 am

For five days now I have been having abnormalitys within and around the vagina. On monday I was rather itchy round the vaginal area, this then on the tuesday begin to get sore and when I had sex I would feel to tight and it would be too painfull. Yesterday I began to feel deep pain when I urinated and rather sickly. The area around the vagina entrance was extremely painful if anything touched it even water in the shower. TGhis morning I visited a lkocal nurse, who took a urine sample and diagnosed me with a water infection. I was given TRIMETHOPRIM TABLETS 200mg antibiotics. I have been told to take two daily for three days. I took my first one after visiting the doctor already feeling slightly nauseated. About 45 minutes after taking bthe tablet I vomited but I don't know whether this could of been caused by the fact I had not eaten all morning. I have now noticed small blister like spots around the vagina entrance and slightly in the entrance. What is this caused by? I am in a lot of pain when urinating.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:00 pm

User avatar Best to rule out a herpes simplex type2, if there is a recurrence.I guess you are ok by now.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us