Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: constant urge to urinate - please help!

nonamegirl - Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:14 am

For the past week or so, I have had a continuous urge to urinate. It feels as though my bladder is full but when I go, there are very small amounts of urine. I have been prone to UTIs in the past and assumed that this was the problem. I saw a doctor who performed a urine test. The dip stick showed the presence of blood, protein and another substance that I do not remember, she also sent a culture to be tested. I was given antibiotics last Monday but after taking them for the entire 5 days, the urge to urinate did not go away. I checked back with the doctor and the results of the culture taken before the antibiotic treatment was negative - I did not have an UTI after all.

I do not have a fever, no pain in the kidneys, wear cotton underwear, wash with Dove soap, wash my clothes in Gain... nothing has changed except for a prescription cream to heal a small tear in my posterior fourchette. The cream is ketoderm & 2% HCP. Could this be the cause of my problem? If not, what else do you think it could be and what can I do to reduce this constant urge? It's so bad that it keeps me up at night!

Thank you for you help
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:54 pm

User avatar HI nonamegirl,
Once again, as i continue to insist on this forum often ,one's sexual partner should also be investigated for UTI ideally and treated.This will go a long way in preventing recurrences.Please try that!