Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Postvoid dribbling

factormmx - Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:41 am

Hi I`m 19 male and I have postvoid dribbling. I went to the doctor, do the tests and there was nothing.
If anyone has any info on how to stop and prevent this condition please shared it.
It is very annoying and its embarasing.
Thank you vey much.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri May 22, 2009 12:40 am

User avatar Depending upon the extent and severity of the problem, this is really a very common and often normal phenomenon. If there is substantial dribbling post void, to the extent that shaking the member or dabbing with tissue isn't sufficient then you may have a nerve injury or impingement (usually cervical) which may be causing the problem. Again, however, most cases of this are just normal and require a little extra care post void.

Hope this is helpful. Good luck to you.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us