Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: varicocele has returned and is larger

supersniper - Wed May 06, 2009 10:16 am

Hi I am 19 years of age and am 1.93m... In September 2008 i went to my urologist and he diagnosed me with a varicocele on the left testicle. after the op he came to my bed an said that the veins were (in his own words) huge. now 8 months later the veins are back and even more visible through the skin. is this normal ? will this reocurrance have a worsened effect on my fertility? And any advice on what to do now would be great.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:42 pm

User avatar Hello,Recurrences occur in about 10 percent cases and also depend on the procedures adopted.Microsurgical procedures carry the least recurrence rates.