Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: I have a small black mark on the underside of my penis

 bagder21 - Thu May 07, 2009 5:29 pm

It is approx 1cm x 0.5cm in size and is painful to the touch. Any help you could give would be very much appreciated. Many thanks.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:32 am

User avatar Hello,Fixed drug eruptions cause a mark like this and is painful too.Check whether you had taken medications like analgesics prior to onset.Mild FDE only needs application like vaseline.If persists do consult your doctor.Best wishes

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us