Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Dizzy, weak, sweat, while urinating

Trevors - Sun May 10, 2009 2:59 am

Dear Doctor,
I woke up last night to urinate. As I urinated, I felt very weak and very dizzy that i started to loose control of myself. I had to see support of the urinal walls. I took longer than usual to finish urinating. As I came back to my room, I felt a warm breeze of sweat engulf my whole body and my legs could barely support me. I threw myself on bed and felt like the ground was spinning slowly and gently and was sweating. I slept off and woke up with no problem.
This was the third time this is happening. Once it was in november 2008 and January 2009. I felt the same problem then. I am not taking any medication right now (my last medication was Pantazol 40mg in march 2008). I was not drunk. I drink 2 to 3 glasses of water everyday. I don't take lots of sugar since I normally use honey for my morning and evening tea. I am worried. I hope its not diabetes!
WHAT COULD BE THE MATTER? HELP DOCTOR!
Yours Trevors
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:07 am

User avatar Hello,Micturition syncope is what you describe and is commoner in older people.Not related to diabetes,but may be due to postural hypotension,or due to sudden emptying of bladder.Nothing to worry but do consult your physician.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us