Question: balanitis from masterbation?

gordonfreeman - Sun May 10, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi, age 24 good shape.

Problem with my penis started 3 months ago after a couple hours of masterbation... A few days later I noticed a bit of discomfort on my penis glans or the "Head" of my penis. The pain happens around the ridges of my glans, where the foreskin meets the glans, but it's the glans themselves that are inflamed. A little blue, sometimes red... I noticed they've changed shape a little, the ridges don't seem as prominent on the back. The color looks like it seems to get better for a bit than just comes back after sex and or masterbation. I've let it rest for a week, but the problem just comes back. I have a high sex drive, so it's hard not to refrain from sex or masterbation for more than about 5-6 days.

I've been to 2 doctors, the first said it's not a big deal and it won't be like that forever. He said not having sex 2 times a day will make it heal faster but it should get better anyway. The second one looked at it and prescribed Viaderm KC Cream "Triamc acet/neomy/grami+" for 10-14 days... Didn't do anything, since I doubt it was an infection. The cream Kinda made it more red.

So, here I am again, going back to the doc's tomorrow to get an appt with a urologist or maybe he'll give me a cream for some quicker healing.

What are your thoughts, please help. It hurts! ty
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:42 pm

User avatar Hi,Mostly an irritation due to trauma rather than any specific disease.Do consult your doctor.