Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: urethrodynia disorder

chand - Fri May 15, 2009 4:56 am

Hi doctors,
Am 24 yrs old female. past 3 years am suffering from UTI like symptoms but after complete diagnosis for more than 6 times there are no confirmative report
no kidney stones in x- ray
ultra sound shows no bladder infection,normal ovary & kindney
blood normal
urine culture analysis normal
creatinine normal
chlyamadia negative
current frquency is every 3 weeks
there is pain in the urethra,stinging,burning urination,pain in lower abdomen.
from past one year when ever i get this problem i take only one NORFLOX and am fine symptoms subside in a hour.
earlier i was on full course of antibiotics for 4 to 5 time.but it keeps recurring.
i was advised to take gabapentine but was not sure if this is the right option.
i do not suffer from any other health issues.
kindly help me put an end to this strange disorder.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:08 am

User avatar Hello,Recurrent UTI are quite common,especially in women.To avoid drink plenty of water,and you must not hold urine for too long and void at the earliest.Short course of antibiotic at the beginning of symptoms is a statergy adopted.In higly persistent infections certain tests like cystoscopy,IVP may be recommended.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us