Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Constant Erections & Spontaneous Ejaculations

ArcAngel - Fri May 15, 2009 7:28 pm

I'm a 36y/o male & at this age, am happy that I still regularly wake up with "wood". About 2 weeks ago I've been waking up with a hard-on every day, which I take care of with not problems. Not only would I be hard in the mornnings but I found that my dick would get hard durring the day with no help from me or other. I know it's not from lack of sexual activity or ejaculations...I always jerk at night before bed & in the morns, so that's at least 2x a day but I usually blow a load more than twice, solo or with a partner. So this is why I am a bit concerned with what I'm going thru today. I woke up hard again but this time my penis was ragging rock hard & the erections was a bit painful. I thought I'd go soft by jerking it & cum but I couldn't jerk because it hurt my penis more. I laid in bed for a while waiting for it to go soft but nothing. I didn't go to work because I had to stay home with an erection from hell that lasted almost 4hrs. When it finaly went soft it seemed like it was semi but wasn't (I know what my semi dick looks like). It just seemed like it was hanging longer, and up til now my dick has been hanging naturaly soft. Although I'm glad it's no longer rock hard, I'm concerned... I am dripping pre-cum more than usual, I do pre a lot but usualy only when I'm horny or hard, this is not the case today & it's almost constant leaking. Now what really has me weireded-out is the spontaneous ejaculations (I've blown 5 loads today) while hanging soft & without any stimulation at all. I'm at home in boxer briefs, relaxing, watching TV, doing chores, eatting or what have you and all of a sudden I cum. The sperm amount & intensity of the blow isn't as big as usual but still enjoyable; yet I can't help but to be concerned. I have no other issues with my penis, only aching balls that have been hanging low most of the day but at times they go tight & up to my body, this is only for a few mins thou, then they drop. Could this be excess my body needs to release on it's own... I do that everyday myself ????
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:51 am

User avatar Hi,Erection lasting for 4hrs and usually painful is referred as priapism.Yours is more physiological than any medical problem.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:09 am

User avatar Hello,With reference to priapism a note worth remebering is that the condition is a medical emergency.If erection does not subside after discharge,or remains erected for a long duration it could lead to permanent damage.It has been associated with certain disorders of blood,and neurological illness.Generally treated in emergency by aspirating the blood collected.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us