Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Urinary tract pain after taking Tylenol, aspirin, or Ibupro

Jane55 - Fri May 15, 2009 10:55 pm

Please help,

For about a year now, every time, and I do mean every time, I take even 1 aspirin, or 1 Tylenol or just 1 Ibuprofen within 10 minutes I begin having urinary tract pain. If I take several OTC pain meds I will get intense pain in my urinary tract. I take the Tylenol, etc. for foot pain, knee pain, etc. Once at my sister's house I became so uncomfortable that she told me to drink apple cider vinegar in water, I did and the pain stopped after several sessions of drinking this mixture. I still drink it now and it overcomes the pain but when I saw my doctor last I totally forgot about the issue. What is causing this pain that only occurs after taking OTC pain meds....I have never had this happen prior to this past year???
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:27 am

User avatar Hello,Fixed drug eruptions can occur in any part of skin or mucosa.The fact that you are experiencing these symptoms after the tablets could mean FDE at some part of the urinary tract like the urethral tip.Generally these are recurrent on the skin but I have not as yet come across a patient with a reaction of the urethral mucosa.May be a urologist can give you a clearer picture.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us