Question: my uncircumcised penis hurts when having sex

beli299 - Sun May 17, 2009 1:19 pm

Dear Doc,

I am uncircumcised and it hurts when I tried to have sex without a condom. The front of my foreskin started pulling really back and it hurt really badly. I heard that this is normal, and that after a few times of trying the front of the foreskin will become more stretched and it won't hurt anymore. Is this true? Also is it true that by stretching it often with my hand this would also help? Many thanks in advance.

Anon
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:43 am

User avatar Hello,The best course of action may be to undergo circumcision if the problem persists.Some times an infection lingering could cause similar symptoms in which case a course of antibiotic as prescribed by the physician should settle the issue.Best wishes.