Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: my uncircumcised penis hurts when having sex

 beli299 - Sun May 17, 2009 1:19 pm

Dear Doc,

I am uncircumcised and it hurts when I tried to have sex without a condom. The front of my foreskin started pulling really back and it hurt really badly. I heard that this is normal, and that after a few times of trying the front of the foreskin will become more stretched and it won't hurt anymore. Is this true? Also is it true that by stretching it often with my hand this would also help? Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,

 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:43 am

User avatar Hello,The best course of action may be to undergo circumcision if the problem persists.Some times an infection lingering could cause similar symptoms in which case a course of antibiotic as prescribed by the physician should settle the issue.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us