Question: TEENAGE BEDWETTING

BigMarj - Mon May 18, 2009 10:59 am

My son will be 14 in a month and still has frequent bedwetting. We were told he would outgrow this. It has gone from nightly to only 2-3 nights per week, but shouldn't be happening at all by this age. He is very active in athletics (football, basketball, baseball and track) and is in extremely good athletic condition. He is a typical teenager eating junk food, candy and carbonated drinks I'm sure more than he should. He falls to sleep easilym at night and has always been a very sound sleeper. Do you have any suggestions on how this problem might be resolved or at least alleviated to less frequent occurences??? I know for his own self esteem, we need to find a solution soon.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:28 am

User avatar Hello,Yor son seems to be having a primary bedwetting problem.Possibly your son when he is in deep sleep unable to receive signals from the bladder to get up and void.Best to wake him up for sometime at a specific time and ask him to go to toilet.Surely he will overcome this in due time.