Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Sharp pain in perinium when I cough or sneeze.

jrap - Tue May 19, 2009 3:55 pm

So I'm an otherwise healthy 25 year old male but every once in awhile, probably two or three times a month when I sneeze or cough really hard I get a really sharp pain in my perineum. The pain only last maybe 10 seconds or so but when it happens its pretty crippling. It only happens when I sneeze or cough or sometimes when I'm sick and and I vomit it happens as well. Its been happening for years but because it doesn't happen often and it lasts such a short time I often forget about it and haven't bothered to get it checked out. I assume its not a big deal but but I was hoping to find out what may be the problem.

thanks for any help.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:47 am

User avatar Hello,Your pain most likely is myofascial in nature and may not mean any pathology.Still it wont be a bad idea just to have a word with your doctor.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us