Question: Sharp pain in perinium when I cough or sneeze.

jrap - Tue May 19, 2009 3:55 pm

So I'm an otherwise healthy 25 year old male but every once in awhile, probably two or three times a month when I sneeze or cough really hard I get a really sharp pain in my perineum. The pain only last maybe 10 seconds or so but when it happens its pretty crippling. It only happens when I sneeze or cough or sometimes when I'm sick and and I vomit it happens as well. Its been happening for years but because it doesn't happen often and it lasts such a short time I often forget about it and haven't bothered to get it checked out. I assume its not a big deal but but I was hoping to find out what may be the problem.

thanks for any help.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:47 am

User avatar Hello,Your pain most likely is myofascial in nature and may not mean any pathology.Still it wont be a bad idea just to have a word with your doctor.