Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: about urology

 JohnMan19 - Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:58 pm

I don't wish for this to come off as any kind of sexual orientation it's just a big problem i've been having for a while. When I have an erection and any kind of strong pressure is applied to my penis it begins to feel as if the skin is going to rip. I'm not sure if this is the problem or not but i am uncircumcised. I haven't gone to a doctor yet because it's kind of an awkward problem to have and I didn't feel comfortable with it. I was just really hoping to find an answer here so I know what i'm dealing with. Thank you very much.
 Kathy C, RN - Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:54 pm

Hi John, I first would say that don't hesistate to go to your physician. You will be treated professionally and Believe it when I say that they have seen it all before. :lol:
You did not mention if your skin was red or inflammed anywhere and when you say you feel as if it wil rip off do you mean severe pain? burning? Do you retract your foreskin and keep it clean and dry?
Let me know.l
 JohnMan19 - Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:24 pm

Hi, thank you for takin my question... well, it's the skin connecting from the head to the shaft on the under side of it.To be more precise, it's just a small amount of skin linking between the mid part of the head to the skin of the shaft. I experience this pain every time i have intercourse. I do keep the area very well maintained and all, it's just an issue of pressure forced down upon the skin. It's never inflammed, but it does get red from the pulling motion.
 Kathy C, RN - Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:51 am

Hi John, Do you think its the forskin pulling on this area? I know it must be difficult to enjoy yourself when this hurts. Again please think about seeing your physician. You need to have someone acutally look at what you are talking about to help.
Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us