Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Urethral Strictures

 ironchin9237 - Wed May 27, 2009 5:19 pm

I am a 39 year old male with history of urethral strictures. I recently underwent a urethral dialation.

I was wondering if inserting a rubber penis or actuall having safe anal intercourse can cause these strictures to return?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:22 am

User avatar HI ironchin9237,
Actually they should not return(if it is really 'safe').Urethral dilatations are only one of the several modalities available for the management of strictures of urethra which tend to recur over time.Get yourself checked by a urologist periodically and if there is a tendency to worsen, get treated early.Good luck!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us