Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: slight burn when urinating

bblinker - Sat May 30, 2009 2:00 pm

A couple of days ago It started burning when i urinate. It is not painful at all and is not a strong burning sensation. Often i would say it doesnt even burn its just not normal i guess. also i suppose theres a slight discharge i havent seen it but around the hole theres like crusty or my underwear materiall will be stuck to my skin around my "pee hole". (Sorry for the lack of medicinal terms.) My urine is normal in color. And there is no pain or discoloration anywhere. But i am worried i may have contracted an STD. The only sexual contact i have had was 3 weeks ago or a little longer i had unprotected oral sex one time and thats it for the last year. If it is an STD would it take a few weeks to develop syptoms. And if it is will any antibiotics work to cure it. Or will i have to go to the hospital to get a specific antibiotic or even an antibiotic shot. and what STD could it be. Thanks for any info regarding this

B
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:19 am

User avatar Hello,Best to get your urine tested for pus cells.Gonococcal,and non gonococcal urethritis need to be ruled out before appropiate antibiotics can be administered if indeed needed.Best wishes.