Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: slight burn when urinating

bblinker - Sat May 30, 2009 2:00 pm

A couple of days ago It started burning when i urinate. It is not painful at all and is not a strong burning sensation. Often i would say it doesnt even burn its just not normal i guess. also i suppose theres a slight discharge i havent seen it but around the hole theres like crusty or my underwear materiall will be stuck to my skin around my "pee hole". (Sorry for the lack of medicinal terms.) My urine is normal in color. And there is no pain or discoloration anywhere. But i am worried i may have contracted an STD. The only sexual contact i have had was 3 weeks ago or a little longer i had unprotected oral sex one time and thats it for the last year. If it is an STD would it take a few weeks to develop syptoms. And if it is will any antibiotics work to cure it. Or will i have to go to the hospital to get a specific antibiotic or even an antibiotic shot. and what STD could it be. Thanks for any info regarding this

B
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:19 am

User avatar Hello,Best to get your urine tested for pus cells.Gonococcal,and non gonococcal urethritis need to be ruled out before appropiate antibiotics can be administered if indeed needed.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us