Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: yellowish-brown semen

jlaff - Sun May 31, 2009 12:59 pm

Hi, im 17 years old, and yesterday i noticed that my semen had a yellow-brown coloration to it. I've never had this happen to me and am a bit worried. I have not suffered any injuries to the region, however, if it is stress related i am a distance runner and have been training/racing hard for the past 3 months. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:30 am

User avatar Hi,Occasionally a small injury to a prostatic vein does stain the prostatic fluid and thus the ejaculate brown.It may not be no significance but recurrence demands an urological opinion.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us