Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Bumpy Region Under Penis Head.

 Luppi - Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:12 am

I am a healthy 19 year old male, and recently i discovered that after i retract my foreskin on my penis, right under the ring of my penis on the backside, on the right side ONLY, i have a slightly enlarged area that feels bumpy to the touch.

I can clearly distinguish a very small pearly bump, and what seems like a larger, elongated, vein like bump that i can move around. If i pull my foreskin down to the maximum, it looks like i have a zit over there.

Someone suggested it might be hair folicules or a thrombosed blood vessel, but i'd like to find out a professional oppinion before i get checked out and freak my parents out for nothing.

 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:01 am

User avatar Hi,Possibly a pearly penile papule and nothing else.PPP are enlarged but normal glands.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us