Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: frequent urine urgency....please help....due to masturbation???

champoo - Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:52 pm

Hello,

I am 21. Almost 1 year has passed and I am facing this frequent urine urgency problem. I have to pass it out almost after every 2 hrs.........i need to wake up twice at night.......To cope up with my busy life......I keep holding it till I get free... Sometimes when I feel like peeing....I doesnt come out so easily i.e I have to sit for almost 5-10 minutes and wait.....I m really depressed as I have masturbated alot in last 2 years...I have stopped now but still no improvement is seen.

I consulted a doctor and he did many tests.....such as bladder inflamation test through ultrasound..and tests relating to urine chemicals etc.........all were fine.....he finally said that its psychological......but sir/madam.......there must be some treatment....i cant live out my whole life with it...

please help me......thanking u in advance.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:37 am

User avatar Hello,Now that you know the problem is not organic but in the mind the treatment necessarily should be directed to anxiety control.I am sure you can find psychological support from trained personnel.Very soon you can get over this by this method to get over the guilt complex of masturbation,the culprit behind this apparent problem.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us