Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Painful epidydimis and leg pain

davidd84 - Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am

I'm a 24yr male, and since january I've been feeling pain on top of my right testicle and on my right leg.

A visit to a doctor yielded a prescription of antiinflammatory drugs and news that I have a small cyst on my epidydimis. I've taken three boxes of these drugs but the pain won't go away.

A epididymal cyst can cause pain? Is it normal to have radiating pain?

I'm feeling pain for several months now and I really need some help.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:29 am

User avatar Hi,Epididymal cyst do cause localised dull aching pain but unlikely to cause radiating pain.
 wasley81 - Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi, I really feel your pain I have had a cyst in the same place for 7 years now and it causes alot of pain on and off.
I sometimes do get it raidiating down the inside of my leg. when it 1st stared i took alot of pain killers and anti inflamity nothing seems to help.
When it flars up it flars up bad and the only thing i can do is not do to much exersize and eventually it goes away.
I have learnt there is not really much you can doapart from hope it will go away one day!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us