Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Strechmarks affecting penis?

markanthony27 - Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:59 am

In February 2008 strechmarks started appearing all over my body and alot of it.
I got them around armpit, back of legs, alot around love handles, above pubic hair on stomach, and mostly im worried about is quite abit of strechmarks between my groin that gets sensitive and has a burning feeling when touched.

Im quite embarrased about this next part which is why im hesitant to see the doctor, the strechmarks in groin area has somehow affected my penis, it has left it constant shrinkage and sometimes inverting, and im circumcised. It use to just hang normally but after I got the strechmarks my penis never hangs from how it use to..
Also at start of the strechmarks forming in groin area everytime I would go to the toilet to pass urine it would burn like an std, but I was not having sex around this time.
The buring sensation lasted about 1 month.
Is there a possibilty that my penis has been damaged due to the strechmarks?
Any feedback would be much appreciated thanks.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:33 am

User avatar Hello,strech marks generally occur due to sudden change in weight.The middle layer of skin known as dermis is elastic and when streched beyond becomes loose and appear as strech marks.These are generally permanent.Any area of skin inluding the penile skin can get affected.Also in obesity the visible penis can get tucked in to the fat and may look smaller,but after erection become its normal.You may need an endocrine workup to rule out rarer causes but then the best couse of action would be to lose weight if that is the cause.External aplications are of little value.Immature strech marks,ie red in colour do respond to lasers.I do not think burning micturition has anything to do with the episode.You may need an urine examintion to rule out pus cells,or stones.There would be no damage to penis due to strech marks.Best wishes.