Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: UTI Problem

anamika - Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:32 pm

I consume less amount of water but i urinate frequently and i always have the urge of urination. Twice in a year i sometime do feel the pain when i urinate. But the pain is really mild.

I had kidney stones long time ago and i am not sure whether its still there cos' i don't feel the pain.

I have gastric problem and sometimes yellow mucous secretes thro' my anal. Sometimes i feel my stomach is bloating. I have haemorroids and suffer from constipation.

Pls. let me know why i have the urge and why i urinate often? Currently i am not into any medication

Thanks
 Kathy C, RN - Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:40 pm

Hi anamika,
You may have a urinary track infection. The only way to tell is to have your urine tested. Some symptoms of a urinary infeciton are frequency, urgency burning pressure or all of the above. I would suggest you go have a test done, increase your water intake, avoid caffiene and alcohol. Also make sure when you wipe yourself you wipe from front to back and that if you are sexually active you attempt to urinate after intercourse.
I hope this helps.....

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us