Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Possible reiters syndrome or bad case of prostitiis

waffenamp - Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:29 am

I have questions that I have been looking to get solved for the past 6 years. Im a 28 m from new york. Well about 6 years ago I was always getting urinary tract infections. Proply from using dirty sex toys- Fake vaginas. Anyways I feel sick about this. Welll I always had urinary tract infection type thing or burning while urinating. I suffered with this for about 2-3 years. Well one night I broke out into a extremely painful fever with extrem joint inflammation throughout my body. This lasted for about 1-2 weeks. I have suffered with joint inflammation, low grade fevers in feet, ankles, knees, prostate. This has been ongoing for the past 4 years. I went to several doctors who never made a complete diagnosis. They said they never found inflammation in my blood but I don't see how this can be when I cant stand up for long periods or do physical activity without getting inflammed. I am inflammed even when im not doing activity on the couch. The only thing they found was hla-b27. My first doctor thought I might have reiters or psoriatic arthritis. Im sick of living with this condition. My joints are always hot, and I cant even sit in a chair due to inflammed prostate that makes me crazy. I started taking alot of garlic thinking I had a infection for these past 4 years but nothhing stopps this inflamation. It helps when I abstain from masturbation for at least 4 days then the inflammation kinda stops , but once I ejaculate with masturbation or sex this prostate fever, fire, burning inflammation comes right back and I cant stand it. What can I do to stop this infllammtion/? I had a bad problem with masturbation through the ages of 12-27 have I ruined myself from masturbating to much causing me autoimmune response ? I have no idea why my immune system is attcking myself
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:44 pm

User avatar Hello,Reiters sydrome is classified as a reactive arthritis in relation to a pathogen like bacteria,chlamydia etc.This seems to be a partly genetic problem,being more common in people with HLA-B27 antigen.This condition causes arthritis,urethritis and involment of other structures like the eye, conjunctivitis.The condition is recurrent but responds to nonsteroidal anti inflammatory drugs,however they are not curative.Since bacterial pathogens of the intestine like salmonella are known triggers best to be careful of what you eat.With psoriatic arthropathy some lesions would have cropped up in these years and seems unlikely.Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us