Question: Leaking a bit of urine after urination.

JLS1 - Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:57 pm

22 year old male, one sexual partner with condoms during intercourse, no past health issues, currently on Prozac, 40mg/day, for anxiety.

For a long time (long enough that I can't remember when it started,) after urination I've found that if I don't gently squeeze my penis after urinating, it will drip/leak a bit afterward. Even still, I've found that it will leak a drop or two, even after spending 15-20 seconds trying to make sure it's empty.

Additionally, sometimes (not terribly often,) at what seems like complete random, I will still feel like I have to urinate after going. If I try again, I can usually go a little bit more, but it isn't "vital" that I go - by that, I mean that it will not leak out any more than usual if I "hold it" in instead of going.

No pain/abnormal pressure, no discoloration, no blood, no odd smells.

I'm not sure if either of these are normal, and I'm a bit embarrassed to ask friends/family. I will not have medical insurance for the next three months, so I would like to only have to visit the doctor if it is 100% necessary since I will have to pay entirely out of pocket.

Thank you for your time,
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:26 am

This may be fairly normal but sometimes can be pathological as well.
Any History of STD's? - in some cases of post gonococcal strictures, this symptom may occur.
If you never had STD's, most probably, this is likely to be temporary.Some pelvic floor exercises may be useful.Good luck!