Question: lower back and ab pain always have uti and kidney prob in fa

cinda_rella - Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:10 am

i am a 26 year old female. i have had lower left ab pain seems like as low as the bladder area. and my lower back hurts all the time even when laying down. like theres major pressure not a muscle pain but deeper. i know my daughter at age 6 had her kidney removed due to a shortened ureter tube i think which caused reflux into her kidney. they said it may be a genetic thing. could it be this or something else. my bladder feels a bit sore and its constant the pain goes across the center of my lower abdomen right at pubic line. but origionally always feel it a bit more to the left. just curious. i hate needles and can barely get thru blood tests. does this sound concerning or something i may be stressing over or may be able to do a home remedy? but i get uti's on a regular basis and just drink cranberry juice. cant afford to keep going to different docs who don't look farther into detail besides a urine test and send me home with antibiotics and leave it at that. cause if thats the case id be going for antibiotics every 10-12 days when the meds are up cause i keep getting them back to back. and have been for atleast 10 years. thanks so much.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:25 am

Primary VUR (vesico ureteric reflux) is often familial, suggesting that genetic factors may play an important role in its aetiology.It is possible that your daughter had this problem.It is natural that you are worried about this.
Your symptoms could be urinary- but may or may not be UTI.

The least you should do under the circumstances is to consult your GP and get a urine culture test and renal function tests. Good luck!