Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Wart on penis, pretty sure not serious

dawg1864 - Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:34 pm

I have a single wart on the side of my penis, and I'm pretty sure it's not an STD. Can I use a common wart remover to get rid of this?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:18 am

User avatar Hello,There are mainly two types of warts that can occur in this location.One is plane wart,non STD and the other the sexual type condylomata acuminata.The later are mostly multiple and have perdilection for mucus areas like the inner areas of the penis and vagina.Both are caused by a virus but of different subtypes.The common wart generally disappear after the body develops resistance.Treatment is with external application of salycilic acid,cytotoxic agents like podophyllin,caustics and cryotherapy.As you would notice many of these react with normal skin too.They have to be applied with caution and best done by your doctor.Special mention about podophyllin is that it is not safe for pregnant women,this is just for the readers as a general information.Best wishes.
 Oakley123 - Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:53 am

I've also got a wart on my penis, ive got small white bumps on the the inside of my foreskin, and 2 little ones on the outside, Though, i havn't had sex. I've had warts on my hands in the past, but i got them frozen off, i went to my local doctor and he didnt seem 100% sure what type of wart they were, he said you cannot catch genetal warts from the toilet seat. so he assumed they were plane warts. Any advice?
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:52 pm

User avatar Hello,If they are whitish and round you have to think of molluscum contagiosum,a viral condition which can spread non sexually also.Here cryo would help too.Sexual types of warts are unlikely, but your description is like of molluscum.Do consult your doctor again.Best wishes.