Question: All medicines change my frequency of urination

hanyo - Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:26 pm

Dear Doctor
For a number of years, I have noticed that whenever I change medication for any reason, or even change the time I take my medicines, my frequency of urination is immediately affected (usually increases significantly).
I am not talking about diuretics or other medications which might normally cause me to urinate more often, but rather ANY medication, including vitamins, Motilium, antibiotics of different types, etc.

I have not been able to find a solution via the web nor by asking doctors. Can you please help me?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:41 am

I can not really think of any condition that may explain your symptom!

As far as i can imagine, the only way in which 'ANY' medication can increase the urinary frequency is if one drank too much water at the time of swallowing the said medicines.

I will try to search for more info regarding this and if i do find some, i will no doubt get back to you. Thank you for a very thought- provoking post.