Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: All medicines change my frequency of urination

hanyo - Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:26 pm

Dear Doctor
For a number of years, I have noticed that whenever I change medication for any reason, or even change the time I take my medicines, my frequency of urination is immediately affected (usually increases significantly).
I am not talking about diuretics or other medications which might normally cause me to urinate more often, but rather ANY medication, including vitamins, Motilium, antibiotics of different types, etc.

I have not been able to find a solution via the web nor by asking doctors. Can you please help me?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:41 am

User avatar Hi,
I can not really think of any condition that may explain your symptom!

As far as i can imagine, the only way in which 'ANY' medication can increase the urinary frequency is if one drank too much water at the time of swallowing the said medicines.

I will try to search for more info regarding this and if i do find some, i will no doubt get back to you. Thank you for a very thought- provoking post.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us