Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: IS SEX SAFE IF YOUR PARTNER HAVE UTI?

zakkwylde - Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:12 am

IS SEX SAFE IF YOUR PARTNER HAVE UTI? i need help in this question, i cant find the real answer, because some said it is safe and some said it is not safe, so please help me fint the answer on my question..
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:34 am

User avatar Hello,UTI Infections can get precipitated in women after a sexual intercourse eg.Honeymoon cystitis because the urethra is smaller in size but it is not STD since it is not transmitted but native ecoli bacteria which live in the colon.However chlamydia,mycoplama organisms are sexually transmitted and suspected when bacterial culture tests come negative.UTI in men are generally related to prostate enlargement and resultant blocade.Catheter insertions too can result in UTI,so does a stone in blocking the tract.Sex is safe provided it is not mycoplasma, but till things settle it is best to avoid.Ok?